TABLE OF CONTENTS
Collection of Personal Information
- Information You Provide to Us
- Information Collected from Users Automatically
- How we use your Information
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Information about Coders Shared with Clients and Stakeholders
- Information about Clients and Agencies Shared with Freelancers
- Service Providers
- What Happens if You Agree to Receive Information from Third Parties or Request That We Share Your Information
- Legal and Investigative Purposes
- Internal and Business Transfers
- Third Party Analytics Providers, Ad Servers and Similar Third Parties
- Your Choices and Opting Out
- Changing Your Information or Closing Your Account
- International Transfers of Personal Information
- Links to Other Sites
- Public Profile
- Changes to this Policy
- Contact Us
1.COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Users of the Service may be Clients (anyone utilizing the OnDemand platform to request services to be performed by a Coder) or Coder (any company, individual user, or groups of associated individual users or companies utilizing the OnDemand platform to offer services to Clients). Partners (any company, individual user, or groups of associated individual users or companies utilizing the OnDemand platform for any Job/Task/Assignment) with us.
We may require the use of first and last names, billing contact information, a password and a valid email address as a login. Therefore, at a minimum, we may require such necessary information in order to establish your account with us. We may combine the information we collect from you with information obtained from other outside sources to validate email or provide additional information such as company industry, company size, and employee size. This helps us improve its overall accuracy and completeness, and also helps us better tailor our interactions with you.
Information You Provide to Us
- Information You Provide to Us: In using the platform (whether as a Client or Coder), users may provide information generally called personally identifiable information (Personally Identifiable Information). Examples of Personal Information include your name, email, address and phone number, company name, company address, company size etc. And as Coder some more potential information like similar information as mentioned above,as well as work history, skills, education, etc .
- Payment Information: If you use the Service to make or receive payments, we will also collect certain payment information, such as credit card, PayPal or other financial account information, and billing address.
- Verification of Identity: When verifying your identity, we will collect information which will help us to verify your identity, which will include, for example, your name, date of birth, your residential address and postcode. This information will be checked against external databases, such as the electoral roll and your credit file, to which we have access for this purpose. We will collect and store a record of the check as well as any additional information you provide, including (but not limited to) aliases, previous addresses and financial associations. This information may be disclosed to the participating business and authorised third parties through our credit referencing, fraud prevention, risk assessment and identification products. We may request documents to verify this information, such as a copy of your government-issued identification or photo or a billing statement.
- Age-Limit: OnDemand intended for users 18 and older. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone younger than age 18. If we become aware that a child younger than 18 has provided us with Personal Information, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our files. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child younger than age 18.
OnDemand may also collect and store certain aggregate information regarding your use of the OnDemand website and the services available on it, which may include:
- IP Address
- The pages you access or visit
- The frequency of visits
- The type and time of transactions
- The type of browser and operating system
- Other information volunteered by you (such as through any surveys or site registrations OnDemand might conduct).
- Information Obtained about Third Parties: We collect the following personal information from you about your contacts or friends(in form of referrals): First, last name and email address when you provide it to us for the purpose of adding your contacts to a message room.
In some cases, we may render Personal Information (generally, email address) into a format in hash code
Information Collected from Users Automatically
We and our third party service providers, including analytics and third party content providers, may automatically collect certain information from you whenever you access or interact with the Service. This information may include, among other information, the browser and operating system you are using, the URL or advertisement that referred you to the Service, the search terms you entered into a search engine that led you to the Service, areas within the Service that you visited, and other information commonly shared when browsers communicate with websites. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve services we offer you, to improve marketing, analytics, and site functionality.
The technology used to collect information automatically from OnDemand Users may include the following:
We use Local Storage, such as HTML5, to store content information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our website or to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity also use HTML5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5.
- Embedded Scripts: OnDemand may also use embedded scripts on the Website and in connection with the provision of its Services. Embedded scripts are programming code designed to collect information about your interactions with a website, such as the links you click on, and may assist our customers in providing us with information used to provide the Services. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your device from our web server, our customer's web server, or a third party service provider, is active only while you are connected to the website containing the embedded script, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
We post satisfied Client/Coder/Customer testimonials on our website. These testimonials may contain personally identifiable information, such as the name. We obtain the Client/Coder/Customer consent prior to posting the testimonial, so that we can post their name along with their testimonial. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at email@example.com
2.HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- Provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing
- Provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service
- Develop and test new products and features
- Monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
- Diagnose or fix technology problems
- Automatically update the OnDemand application on your device
UNLESS YOU REQUEST THAT WE DELETE CERTAIN INFORMATION, WE RETAIN THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT FOR AT LEAST 5 YEARS AND MAY RETAIN THE INFORMATION FOR AS LONG AS NEEDED FOR OUR BUSINESS AND LEGAL PURPOSES.
3. INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
- Information about Freelancers Shared with Clients and Agencies: We share information regarding Freelancers working on a Client project, including information in Work Diaries and work history, with Clients. Note that if a Freelancer is suspended from the Upwork Service, we may share that information with Clients for whom that Freelancer has worked or applied for work. We may also share information with Agencies to whom Freelancers are associated for a particular work project. If you choose to apply for work as a Freelancer via the Service, we will share information relevant to your application with the applicable Client(s), including, but not limited to, the information contained in your Freelancer Profile.
- Information about Clients and Agencies Shared with Freelancers: If you have entered into a service contract with another user, we may provide him/her with your name, address, or tax ID or VAT number in order to complete the transaction or to facilitate the resolution of a claim or dispute. The user receiving your information is not allowed to use it for purposes unrelated to the transaction, such as to contact you for marketing purposes, unless you have expressly consented to it.
- Service Providers: We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and online advertising, payment processing, fraud detection and improvement of Upworks features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties may have access to your Personal Information in order to perform these tasks on our behalf.
Legal and Investigative Purposes:
Upwork will share information with government agencies as required by law, including without limitation, in connection with reporting earnings. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), at the request of governmental authorities or other third parties conducting an investigation, to protect the property and rights of Upwork or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, fraudulent, unethical or legally actionable activity. We may also use Device Identifiers to identify Upwork Users, and may do so in cooperation with third parties at our discretion.
- Internal and Business Transfers: Upwork may share information, including Personal Information, with its parent company Upwork Inc., subsidiaries, and affiliates, primarily for business and operational purposes. We may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets (including, in each case, as part of the due-diligence process with any potential acquiring entity) or in the event of bankruptcy. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
4. THIRD PARTY ANALYTICS PROVIDERS, AD SERVERS AND SIMILAR THIRD PARTIES
OnDemand works with (or may in the future work with) network advertisers, ad agencies, analytics service providers and other vendors to provide us with information regarding traffic on the Service, including pages viewed and the actions taken when visiting the Service; to serve our advertisements on other web sites, within mobile apps and elsewhere online; and to provide us with information regarding the use of the Service and the effectiveness of our advertisements. Our service providers may collect certain information about your visits to and activity on the Service as well as other websites or services, they may set and access their own tracking technologies on your device (including cookies and web beacons), and may use that information to show you targeted advertisements. Some of these parties may collect Personal Information when you visit the Service or other online websites and services. We may also share certain Non-Identifying Information with these parties, including Hashed Information, in connection with the services they provide to us.Please note that opting out through these mechanisms does not opt you out of being served advertising, and you will continue to receive generic ads while online.
5. YOUR CHOICES AND OPTING OUT
Several of clients and coder service providers that we use to analyze activities on our sites also offer opt-out mechanisms as an alternative to managing the placement of cookies by these services through your browser settings as discussed above.Some of the features like notification etc. If you would like to opt-out you can with prior information
6. CHANGING YOUR INFORMATION OR CLOSING YOUR ACCOUNT
You can review and edit your personal information at any time by logging in to your account and reviewing your account settings and profile. You can also close your account through the HierCoder website. If you close your HierCoder account, we will mark your account in our database as "Closed" but may retain personal information from your account for a certain period of time to collect the milestones information, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, prevent fraud, enforce our User Agreement, or take other actions as required or permitted by law.
OnDemand has implemented processes intended to protect user information and maintain security of data. Each Account holder is assigned a unique user name and password, which is required to access their Account. It is each users responsibility to protect the security of his or her login information, however OnDemand will take steps to ensure that the information held is protected from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
These safeguards help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of data, but no guarantee can be made that your information and data will be secure from intrusions and unauthorized release to third parties.
When you enter sensitive information (such as tax identification number), we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). Also we strive to achieve 100% security using additional layer of security.
However, no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security, please contact us.
8. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
OnDemand is a United States based Company and is governed by and operated in, and in accordance with the laws of, the United States, and are intended for the enjoyment of residents of the United States. OnDemand makes no representation that the services are governed by or operated in accordance with the laws of any other nation. Given that we are an international business, our use of your information necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. If you are located in the European Union, Canada or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect may be transferred to and processed in the United States. By using the Platforms, or providing us with any information, you (a) acknowledge that the Platforms are subject to the laws of the United States, (b) consent to the collection, processing, maintenance and transfer of such information in and to the United States and other applicable territories in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as or equivalent to those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen, and (c) waive any claims that may arise under those laws.
9. LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Our Service may contain links to other sites that we do not own or operate, such as the site for OnDemand Coder and to sites for OnDemand Client, as well as links from advertisers, sponsors and/or partners. We do not control, recommend or endorse and are not responsible for these sites or their content, products, services or privacy policies or practices, even though they may use the OnDemand name or logo on their site through an agreement with us. These other sites may send their own cookies to your Device, they may independently collect data or solicit Personal Information and may or may not have their own published privacy policies. You should also independently assess the authenticity of any site which appears or claims that it is one of our Platforms (including those linked to through an email or social networking page).
Our Services may make available chat rooms, forums, message boards,and workroom. Remember that any information that you disclose in these areas becomes public information and is not subject to the provisions of this Privacy Notice.
We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
10. PUBLIC PROFILE
The profile you create on our site will be publicly accessible unless otherwise indicated. You may change the privacy settings of your profile through your account portal.
We take information security seriously and use certain reasonable security measures to help protect your Personal Information. However, no electronic data transmission or storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you use the Platforms and provide us with your information at your own risk. When we collect sensitive information on our sites or within our mobile application (such as credit card number or geo-location information), we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology.
Beware of Phishing Scams: There have been noticeable increases in the number of suspicious e-mails claiming that the e-mail recipient has won a OnDemand lottery or other promotion. Sometimes the e-mail claims that the recipient has won a new OnDemand Coupon. In order to claim the prize, the e-mail asks that Personal Information be sent to a Hotmail or Yahoo e-mail address. Samples of these hoax e-mails can be found at this web site.
This type of e-mail solicitation is known commonly as a "phishing" scam, with the primary objective being to obtain ones personal information. This information can then be utilized to steal a persons identity. For example, a "OnDemand Lottery" phishing scam is often sent from Chinese (.cn), German (.de) or British (.co.uk) addresses but can originate from anywhere and look very official even to the most savvy of Internet users. OnDemand will never ask you to send passwords, login names, Social Security numbers, or other personal information through e-mail or U.S. mail or fax or text message. If you receive an email or letter by U.S. mail or fax or text message from OnDemand asking you to update your credit card information, do not respond: this is a phishing scam. Recipients of suspicious e-mail like this should delete the message from their in-box and, if possible, update their e-mail filter settings to block e-mails from the e-mail address being used. The Federal Trade Commission and the Antiphishing Workgroup are also good sources of information about these types of security threats and how they may be reported to the authorities.
For more information about phishing, visit the website of the Federal Trade Commission at http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0003-phishing. In addition, if you believe you have received an email or had a similar interaction with a third party pretending to be OnDemand, please report it at https://support.hirecoder.com.
12. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
OnDemand reserves the right to change, modify, and add terms to this policy at any time. We will post changes on this page, and if we determine that they are material in nature, we will provide more prominent notice on our homepage and indicate at the top of the policy when it was most recently updated. Changes we determine to be material to this policy will become effective 30 days after posting.
13. CONTACT US